Clickbank

Amazon

Monday, November 10, 2008

MLM

So many MLM companies offering products such as gold, websites, health products, and even just plain registration with money, among a mountain of others.

About 8 years ago, I went for a seminar which 'sells' gold and trainings on websites (so primitive compare to standards avaibable now). Most of the time I forgot the names of the companies because its not worth remembering or the products are rarely sellable.

For this one, members has to pay a minimum RM1000 or so to be eligible for the scheme to work and profits to be roll in. I forgot the structure on the workings but RM1000?? The seminar was held at the speaker's posh home. An ex-insurance agent who made some money and of cos, convincing speaker.

Still, my instinct says this is horse-shit so screwed it.

Then of cos, the health-conscious products. In those yonder days, companies like Amway were very profitable, I know some members still going for it.
Of cos, NuSkin were the rave some years back. Friends quit their full-time jobs to join NuSkin. So many millionaires were made so everybody wants to jump onto the bandwagon. I was doubtful, thankfully. Friends I met today quit the company since it was hard work and not enough to cover expenses.



Forever Living is another one. A friend who is an active member approached me many times but I declined.

How about a company which sells nothings but just get members to register. This E-pay company, IPC Shopping or em-pay, only collects cash, about RM250 per unit, more units bought will make more downlines. A generous percentage will be credited to the introducer if more members were brought in. Later, this company were blacklisted by the Securities Commission and the website closed.

Elken sells some promising health products which I still consume. The products are not cheap but it's of good quality, mostly. But people I know fnd it difficult to make ends meet just selling alone. Inactive downlines will cause the upline's income to be suffer, as always the case.

No comments: